Wednesday 31 August 2016

Movie & Soundtrack choice + style influence

I was interested in using Atticus Ross and Trent Reznor's soundtracks for my work inspiration. I really like the Social Network soundtrack but I ended up choosing Gone Girl because I feel the movie has more emotional weight to explore. Here's the soundtrack playlist for reference:

Gone Girl Playlist

One of my preferred tracks:



Movie themes: chasing perfection, mythos of coupledom, victimhood/abuse, unfairness, appearances over truth, masculinity/femininity, personhood/success and freedom vs relationship

Style & artist models:

I'm not planning to use a particular artist model's style but I'm inspired by watercolour works that use pastel-like colours and a more washed out look for my colouration. It will also help to emphasize the dreaminess and fantasy aspect of Amy's view of her relationship. Looking at some New Zealand watercolourists for inspiration:



In terms of linework I plan to use inkart which I enjoy using with nib pens and watercolour because india ink will not run when water is applied to it and it has dried. I started using this technique when I was 16  after being inspired by this artist 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.